How to get started with Xampion
- Charge your Xampion sensors using the Micro USB cable provided in the package. Charging time from empty to full is about one hour. The batteries last for up to 20 hours of active use.
- Download Xampion App from Google Play (Android) / App Store (iOS).
- Open App and tap “Sign Up” to create your Xampion profile and sign in to Xampion App using your email address and password.
- Add your sensor IDs to your Xampion profile. The sensor ID numbers can be found on the label on your sensors. When both IDs are added, save by tapping Submit. Then fully shut down Xampion application (don’t leave it running in the background of your operating system).
- Test the connection between the sensors and the App by re-opening the app and when in the Calendar view, shaking the sensors for about 10 seconds to activate them. Refresh the Calendar view by swiping down. You know the sensors are connected when you see green connection symbols and two battery indicators on the top of your screen. When testing the connection, make sure the Bluetooth on your smart device is on and the batteries on the sensors are charged.
- Make sure your Xampion insoles are the right size for your shoe. Use your original insole for measurement and cut with scissors if necessary. The easies way to cut the insoles to the right size is by placing your Xampion insole on a table with the bottom side facing up. Then place your original insole on top of it the same way with the heels leveled and the tips aligned. Then use a pen to draw a line to mark the excess in the tip area of the Xampion insole. Use sharp scissors and cut along the line.
- Place the sensors into the dedicated sockets under the insoles by sliding them in horizontally. Place the insoles into your football shoes and leave out the original insoles.
- Go play football! Xampion sensors activate automatically from motion and turn off when they are still for 10 minutes. You can just focus on your football. The data is recorded and stored in your sensors and you can even play several sessions without having to touch the sensors.
- After the session, open Calendar view in Xampion App, shake the sensors for about 10 seconds to power them up and refresh the app view to transfer play data. Transferring the data may take from a couple of seconds up to about a minute depending on your device and how much data is being transferred. The app will notify you when all data is transferred. A new session (or several sessions) will appear on your calendar. Tap the calendar date to open session information. Please note: You may have several sessions under one date. In this case the app will ask you to specify which session you want to open. Short playing sessions (under 15 minutes) will not be shown in Xampion App Calendar as a new session. This is to avoid saving data to your app if the sensors have been switched on when moving them around when not playing.
My shoe size is right between sizes M and L. Which size should I pick?
If you think there is a risk that the smaller size may be too small, go for the bigger size. The bigger insole can be cut smaller but the small can’t be made bigger.
Can I use my own insoles instead of the ones provided by Xampion?
Yes. Many sports insoles have an thicker area under the arch of your foot and for optimal comfort you can carve out some extra space for the sensor. Depending on the shape of your insole, this may or may not be necessary. You will find out best by using the sensors with your insoles a couple of times.
I would like to order Xampion for a shoe smaller than size 36. Can I cut the insole to fit a smaller shoe?
The size of the insole is can be reduced to smaller sizes than 36, although there is a risk that a player with a small foot (<36) may feel some discomfort while playing. The product is optimized for shoe sizes 36 to 47 and we cannot guarantee optimal playing comfort with smaller shoe sizes.
My shoe size is bigger than 47. Can I use Xampion?
Currently, we provide Xampion insoles in sizes up to 47, which provide the optimal carved slot for the sensors. However, you can use any other insoles with Xampion sensors. Many sports insoles have an thicker area under the arch of your foot and for optimal comfort you can carve out some extra space for the sensor.
I'm having trouble connecting the sensors with Xampion App, what should I do?
First, go to the Sensors page in the app through the main menu. Add the sensor ID numbers printed on the labels of your sensors to the two sensor ID fields. When the correct IDs are added, tap Submit and close the app fully (don’t leave it running on the background of your operating system).
Make sure the Bluetooth connection on your smart device is on, the sensor batteries have been charged, and re-open the app. When in the Calendar view, shake your sensors for about 10 seconds to activate them. Refresh the calendar view by swiping down. The sensors should now be connected. When connected, you will see green connection symbols and battery indicators on the top of your screen in the calendar view.
If you have already used the sensors in football, the data will also transfer to the app and be shown as a new session in the calendar. Tranferring the data may take between a few seconds to around a minute.
If you can’t get the sensors to connect by following these steps, please contact Xampion support using the message form at xampion.com/support.
I transferred the data of my playing session to Xampion App but the data does not look right.
The most likely reason for this is that the sensors have been activated from motion while you have carried them around for example in your pockets or your backpack. If the sensors are actively in motion for more than 15 minutes, this may create a new session in your app. If this happens, you may have several sessions recorded on the same day of which one is your acutal play session and the others are non-relevant.
When all the data has been transferred to your app, tap the date on your calendar view. If there are several sessions recorded on the same date, you will be asked to choose which session you want to see. You can also see all the recorded sessions in a time order by choosing the list view on the Calendar page. If there are non-relevant sessions recorded in the list, you can delete them by swiping right and tapping Delete.
I transferred my playing data to Xampion App but data from my other sensor seems to be missing.
When transferring the data from your sensors to your app, the data upload from each sensor might not finish simultaneously. You may already see a new session in the calendar but in truth, the other sensor is still sending data. This is the most common explanation when data from only one sensor can be seen.
How to solve this: Give both sensors a little more time (2 minutes should be enough in any case) to transfer the data. Go to the Calendar view and refresh the page by swiping down. Try re-opening the session and see if the previously missing data is now available. If data is still missing, try fully closing down the app and re-opening it while keeping the sensors active by shaking them. Refresh calendar view and open session.
Other possible reasons for missing data:
- One of the sensors has not been activated when attempting to transfer data. Shake both sensors for about 10 seconds while in the Calendar view and until you can see the connection symbols on the top of your screen turn green and you can see the battery level of both sensors. Data transfer will now begin automatically. If you have trouble connecting sensors, make sure the Bluetooth connection on your smart device is on.
- The battery on one sensor is empty. Try charging the sensors using the MicroUSB cable provided in the sales package.
- The battery on one sensor has died during the play session and has not been able to record data.
If you aren’t able to establish a connection between the sensors and the app despite following these instructions, please contact Xampion Support using the message form at xampion.com/support.
Which mobile operating systems support the Xampion App?
Xampion App is available for iOS and Android operating systems.
The Xampion Insoles feel uncomfortable, what can I do about it?
When switching from the standard (usually flat) soles that came with your football boots to Xampion soles, you will most likely feel the difference during your first session. This is mostly because Xampion Insoles provide more support under the arches of your feet than standard factory soles. Most foot specialists consider the support to be better for your pronation when you walk and run and may even prevent injuries.
However, feet are very individual and for a small percentage of users, the Xampion Insole may feel uncomfortable when playing. The most common reasons for this is that the person has very low arches or that the shape of the foot and the shoe is very narrow in the arch area.
If you experience this kind of discomfort, here’s a few tips:
- Xampion Insoles are made of material that will press down and adjust to the shape of your feet when using them for some time. The feeling of pressure under the arches will most likely go away after the first 1-2 hours of use as the insoles mold into the shape of your feet. Your feet will also get used to the support under the arches very quickly. So give the Xampion soles a couple of tries. In the vast majority of cases any discomfort is gone quickly.
- If this doesn’t help or it is painful to play, you can reshape the insoles. The soles are made of material that is pretty easy to shape with scissors or a sharp knife. If the problem is that the insole is too high around the arch area, you can slice off some of the material around the sensor socket under the insole. If you feel that the insole is too wide, you can cut it narrower. If you need to cut a lot, you may have to make the sensor socket a bit wider to make the sensor go further towards the center of the sole. It is also possible to cut some material off the heel end of the soles, which may be useful in some cases where the foot of the player is very small (size 37 and under).
- It is also possible to use Xampion Sensors with other insoles than the ones provided by Xampion. You can use strong tape to attach the sensors to the original insoles of your boots or other well fitting insoles. When doing this, attach the sensors to the corresponding area in the used sole as where it is placed with Xampion Insoles. Please note: If you want to use very thin soles with Xampion sensors, you may feel the sensors through them and this may cause some discomfort.
- If Xampion Insoles are not a good fit to you, you can also have a pair of custom soles made to the shape of your feet including the space for Xampion Sensors. Ask your local custom sole manufacturer for details and when ordering, ask them to construct a socket for the sensors.
What is the return policy of Xampion products purhased from xampion.com?
You can try the Xampion system risk-free and if you’re not fully satisfied, you can return it within 30 days of purchase and we will fully refund it. You can shape the insoles and use the product as much as you want during the thirty days.
If you wish to return a Xampion product, please follow the instructions at xampion.com/support.
Will the product be available in the United States soon?
Yes, definitely. Currently, we are targeting to open sales to the United States by the end of 2018. Stay tuned for updates on intercontinental deliveries at xampion.io.
Product return policy
You can try Xampion products purchased from xampion.com risk-free for 30 days. Naturally, we hope you enjoy and love our products as much as we do but if you are not fully satisfied, you can return the purchased product and we will fully refund your purchase.
When returning a Xampion product:
- First, let us know you intend to return your product by using the contact form at xampion.com/support.
- Please pack the product with all it’s accessories to the delivery box (or similar protective box)
- Fill in the return form (if you didn’t receive one in the delivery package, you can download it from below and print it)
- Include the return form with all required info to the return package
- Post the return package to the following address: Progda Ltd. / XAMPION product returns, Kaarikatu 8, FI-20760 Piispanristi.
Your purchase will be fully refunded within 3 weeks of receiving the returned product. To be refunded, the return must be made no later than 30 days after the date of purchase. The product can be used and the insoles can be cut to fit the users shoe. Xampion Sensors must be unbroken and any visible or non-visible damage other than normal wear may cause the refund to be denied.
If you want to return the product because it is not functioning properly, please contact email@example.com first. This may be a product warranty issue and may not require returning the defective product.
You can download the return form here: Product Return Form – Xampion
See how it works
Xampion is a revolutionary movement analytics product for football players. Visualise your progress, get feedback, train smarter with concrete objectives and become a Champion.
Did you not find an answer to your question?
Send your questions to us and we will get back to you soonest.